Cylindrical roller bearing has the following characteristics:
1. Rollers and raceways are in line contact, with a large radial loading capacity, suitable for bearing heavy load and impact load;
2. The friction coefficient is small, suitable for high speed, and its limiting speed is very close to deep groove ball bearings;
3. N type and NU type can move axially, can adapt to the relative position changes of the shaft and the housing, which is caused by thermal expansion or installation error. Both types can be used as free end supports;
4. High processing requirement for the shaft or holes in the housing. The relative deflection of the outer ring axis after the installation must be strictly controlled to avoid contact stress concentration;
5. The inner or outer ring can be separated for easy installation and removal.
The applications of cylindrical roller bearings are wide, such as in medium or large electric motors, machine tool spindles, internal combustion engines, generators, gas turbines, reduction gearboxes, rolling mills, vibrating screens, and lifting and transportation machinery.